Alright where my Trini posse at? *Right here, whoiiii* Good, glad you here with me. Chances are your facebook has been flooded with all these companies selling this Android Box ting.
If you don’t know what it is, you can click this link and we tell you all about the goodies.
Some people still are not sold on having one. Well, we are here to give you the top 6 reasons why you should own at least 1 or a few Android TV Boxes, especially right here in Trinidad.
- Flow too expensive – Yes I said it, as of Sept 7th this year, they raised their prices again. Which I could agree with the justifications if I still did not get the stuttering effect when watching TV, and if their customer service reps would stop cussing me out.
Digicel and Massy are making their rounds across the country, but most people are still connected with Flow. Having an Android TV Box will allow you to either get rid of Flow cable or at the very least allow you to drop down to the lowest package and maybe give back a few of the boxes.
We are trying to save money here and Flow did not get that memo.
2. The 2016 Budget – Well, you heard Mr. Imbert and Dr. Rowley. Times have changed and we need to change our habits and tighten up our belts. So if we are to do that, we need to find ways like our faithful government to cut costs. Sorry Flow, but ya gotta go.
The 2016 budget has me looking to cut costs at every turn so that I can afford the increases in alcohol and diesel fuel. After purchasing the box, you won’t inquire any additional costs for the free apps, unless you take out an IPTV package, but that is the subject for another post.
3. Nothing On Cable – I cannot tell you how many times, I come home from doing the people wuk, grab my nice food and drink, sit down in front the TV, only to flick through endless channels and see nothing I want to watch.
The next show I want to see is at 8pm, and it is only 6pm. You need an Android box. With the volume of movies and TV series at your disposal. It is now not a matter of there is nothing to watch, but oh gosh, what shall I watch today.
4. Fed up Of the Bootleg Man – I don’t know about you, but before the Android box, the bootleg man use to see me about 2-3x/week. The kids want a movie, the wife wants a movie, and I want a few movies. Needless to say, you can spend some good money by the bootleg man when you tally up your bill at the end of the month.
Once again, we are trying to cut costs, and the bootleg seems to be living the nice life because of me. Sorry, but you gotta go too. The box has more movies and TV series than he can keep on the side of the road.
5. I love My Sports – If you’re a sports fanatic, then you wouldn’t like anything more than to have one of these bad boys in your house. Name the sports channel and one of the many apps on the box will have it. Flow recently launched their sports premier pack, and while it sounds pretty enticing.
Mr. Imbert and Dr. Rowley told me to cut costs, and for that, I simply cannot afford it right now. When the cost of a barrel of oil makes it back up into the $80 range, we can talk again flow. Sports max you’re in this category as well, you’re a luxury I cannot afford.
Plus, there are much more sports channels on any Android box of my choosing.
6. Netflix Prices Gone up – Now I know there are a bunch of saying, “Boy, forget that box, ah have Netflix… and when smally come over, it’s Netflix and Chill ya know.” I hear you, I hear you.
But Netflix raised their prices as well and also banned VPN services.
That means that you cannot change your location to bring up a different Netflix library. So I am stuck with the same old boring movies and shows. The only bright spot to Netflix is the original programming. Unfortunately for them, I can get my Luke Cage, Daredevil fix on the box too.
Matter fact, all the original content from Netflix can be accessed from one of the many apps on the box.
Bye bye, Netflix.
Click the link below and check out the New X96 pre-loaded with all the goodies to get you saving money and cutting your cable.
Leave a comment below if you have any other reasons why should have a Android Box or maybe why you are fed up of your current service provider.