We thought we would debunk some myths. We realise that the Avg consumer does not know where the manufacturers of most of our beloved smartphones actually come from. We will only show the more popular manufacturers. So let us break them down by country.
- Blackberry (Hardware made by Chinas TCL)
- Alcatel (Subsidiary of TCL)
- Coolpad (Subsidiary of LeEco)
- Oneplus (Subsidiary of BBK)
- Oppo (Subsidiary of BBK)
- Vivo (subsidiary of BBK)
- ZUK (Subsidiary of Lenovo
- Motorola (Subsidiary of Chinas Lenovo)
Did any of these surprise you? As you can see China is responsible for a lot of our devices, even our beloved iPhones are made in China. You can check out our blog as we detail why the Caribbean market has become closer to the Chinese market than the American market (Click here).