Today we take a look at the top 10 smartphone manufacturers in the world by market share. This is current as of Q2 for the year.
Some new companies have crept into the top 5, so let us take a look and see where we are as we close out Q3.
1) – Samsung is at the top of the list to nobody’s surprise. They currently have 21.4% of the smartphone market share and have sold over 77million devices for the second quarter of the year. The popular devices were their Samsung S7/S7 Edge and their J Series lineup.
2) – Sitting in second place is Apple Inc. They have dropped in numbers from 2015 and currently hold 11.2% of the current market share. These numbers may possibly go up when the numbers for Q3 are in and they take into account the sales of the iPhone 7. Apple has sold 40.4 million devices thus far.
3) – Huawei is on the up and up and currently sit at number three on the list. They have a market share of 8.9% and have sold 32 million devices as of Q2.
4) – With the strong sales of the R9, it is no surprise Oppo has seen significant sales. They currently hold 6.4% of the market share and have sold 23million devices.
5) – Rounding out the top 5 top manufacturers is Vivo. They have 4.4% market share and have sold 16million devices.
6) – ZTE has 4.1% of the market share and has sold 14.7 million devices.
7) – Xiaomi’s numbers have dropped from the previous year and currently hold 4% of the market share. They have also sold 14.5million devices thus far.
8) – LG has continued to slide and currently sit at 3.9% market share and have sold 14.1million devices.
9) – Lenovo holds 3.1% of the current landscape and has sold 11.3million devices.
10) – Alcatel rounds out the top 10 taking the final spot. They have 2.1% market share and have sold 7.4million devices.
This is the current 10 smartphone manufacturers as per their market share and devices sold up until the end of Q2. Does the list shock you? Did you favorite manufacturer make the list?
Let us know in the comments who you think will finish in the top 5 by the end of the year.