Have you recently been in the market for a new phone? Chances are you have been hit with a large variety and no good starting point.
It is only natural we pop into a store and ask a million questions to determine what we need, and you know we Trini’s could relll ask questions.
What happens when you speak to a rep, and they throw back specs and jargon that only sounds good because we don’t understand it. (I know we have all be there) Truth is, specs of a device only tell a piece of the story.
So we have compiled a list of the top 6 reasons you need to find yourself a good mobile expert the next time you decide to purchase a product.
1) Expertise – As customers, we go to experts in a variety of fields because we may not have a clue what we need or even what we are looking for. The mobile world is become congested, with manufacturers pumping out devices at a high rate. As a customer, it is easy to become overwhelmed and make a bad decision when picking your next device. A good mobile expert will determine your needs, your usage habits, and tailor his solutions to fit what you need or what you are going to need.
2) Save Money – It is no secret the cost of some of these high-end devices are more than your mortgage payment, a Tribe costume, or your doubles bill for a year. That said, if you are a user who does the bare minimum, there is no sense in spending $6000 for a phone. With an enormous amount of options on the market, you may find a device to fit your needs with a much smaller price tag.
3) Get the device for your needs and usage – I cannot stress how important it is to get a device that feeds your needs and usage patterns. There are 3 main categories of phones, Flagship, Mid-range, Budget. Now there are also a variety of types of users. A skilled mobile expert can determine what type of user you are and will be able to match the correct device for you. My 80-year-old grandmother may not need all the bells and whistles of a Samsung s7 but may do just fine with a Samsung J2.
4) Consultant vs Salesman Mentality – We in Trinidad have far too long accepted the “Tricky-dadian” form of sales tactics. You know what we are talking about. They tell you anything you want to hear just to make a sale and offer no return policy. Effectively leaving you with a device that is causing you more stress and pain than listening to our politician’s babble and bicker over our budget. A good expert will consult with you and learn everything he needs to by asking questions and therefore recommending the best device for you. He will keep the lines of communication open even after the sales transaction has taken place and you need assistance down the line. A salesman, well, you are not sure to ever see or hear from him again lol.
5) Get the Most out of your product – How can you get the most out of your product after you were tricked into the purchase in the first place? That’s a tough one. It is also why making the right choice upfront is key. The only way to do that is by dealing with a competent expert who makes sure you have the right device, that way you can learn your device and integrate it into your life.
6) Post Sales Relationship – Finally, after you have made the right choice with your device, you are clearly going to have questions and want to learn the functions. Your mobile rep should be available to answer all your questions or at least point you in the right direction to find the answer. Android is the most popular operating system, and the software and features are in constant change. You will always be learning your device over and over again.
Now is the best time to find yourself a good mobile expert, who will be able to continue to teach you about your devices. Feel free to keep checking our website for our various tutorials, device reviews, and latest mobile news. As always, we are here to assist with any questions or concerns, as we are Trinidad’s authority on all things Android.